Frequently Asked Questions
Questions About Blankets
If you’ve ever seen or felt the coat of a sheep, you may be surprised to learn that the coarse hair that protects these creatures is the same material that your wool blanket is made out of. Wool is a great fabric for clothing and blankets because it naturally regulates temperature, making it the perfect coat for sheep in the wild and human beings in their homes in many different climates.
Wool is a natural fiber that breathes in hot weather and insulates in cold. The wool your blanket is made of is generally called apparel wool. This means it is of a high enough quality to be used to make blankets and clothing. Wool is also flame-resistant, making it a safe material.
- The wool yarn from two directions are actually woven together.
- Produces a very durable, warm and long lasting wool blanket that is suitable for machine washing and drying.
- Recommended for facilities that will wash and dry blankets on a regular basis.
- Packed 12 per carton either 24” x 20” x 24” or 24” x 19” x 16”.
- Blended fibers of wool and synthetic are intertwined with thousands of needles above and below, producing a felt-like blanket material.
- Produces a warm, limited-use wool blanket for disaster and emergency relief.
- This inexpensive process allows for large quanties of wool blankets to be produced quickly and sold at a low cost to disaster relief organizations.
- Not recommended for machine washing.
- Packed 12 per carton 24″ x 20″ x 24″
Questions About Ordering and Shipping
Carton size: 24″ x 20″ x 24″ for needle-punch blankets.
Carton size: 24” x 20” x 24” or 24” x 19” x 16” for loom woven blankets
Bales: 25 or 30 blanket units, compressed, banded and packed in airtight & watertight heavy gauge vinyl.
Bale size: 35” x 24” x 20”
Small wool blanket orders are shipped UPS Ground and charges are invoiced to the customer. Please note that UPS charges dimensional weight for our cartons, because they are oversized.
UPS shipments over 150 lbs. qualify for the One-Hundred Weight reduced shipment rates.
Large wool blanket orders are shipped via common carrier. You may designate a trucking company for orders over 300 wool blankets, or our Logistics Department will secure the least expensive rate, and add it to the invoice. For collect or 3rd party shipments, specify carrier and account number on your purchase order.
- Fax your purchase orders to 401-769-0192 attn: Sales Dept. You will receive an order confirmation and shipping date via fax or email.
- Mail your purchase orders to Northwest Woolen Mills, Attn: Sales 235 Singleton St. Woonsocket, RI 02895.
- Email your purchase orders to Sales
A confirmation will be sent via fax or email:
Northwest Woolen Mills
235 Singleton St. Woonsocket, RI 02895
800-848-9665 x 121 Fax: 401-769-0192
- Fax credit references to 401-769-0192 attn: Credit Dep’t. Net 30 approval takes 1-2 business days.
- Phone in your Visa/MC number to 800-848-9665 ext. 121.